#2 Cruiser - 65L
- Ultra burly 15-ounce canvas construction with double bottom.
- Quick drying cotton shoulder straps riveted for extra reinforcement while hiking.
- Large main compartment with built in map pocket and compatibility with 18” basket.
- Two flap-covered side pockets for quick access to everyday necessities.
- Rides low to allow the carrying of a canoe while wearing the pack.
- Comes with a heavy duty 6ml poly liner and a tumpline.
- Guaranteed for life. Made in the USA.
- Order this canvas backpack in one of our thirteen colors.
Item No. S-232 #2 Cruiser Combo
- Dimensions: 19H x 18W x 6D
- Capacity: 3,950 cubic inches : 64.73L
History of this Product
Known primarily for his fifteen books covering such subjects as canoeing, wilderness camping, and nature, famous Northwood’s author Calvin Rutstrum also developed the concept for the ash basket/soft pack combo. This versatile outfit, which we now call the Cruiser Combo, has been popular for years because it not only offers additional protection over other methods of packing but also rides low to avoid catching on branches and shrubs in the heavy woods.
In addition to his writing and important innovations, Cal Rutstrum, along with other notable conservationists such as Sigurd F. Olson, are also heavily credited with successfully campaigning and winning the late 1940’s precedent-setting battle to ban all airplane traffic over what is today the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota.