#2 Cruiser Combo - Canoe Pack
- Ultra burly 15-ounce canvas construction with double bottom.
- Quick drying cotton shoulder straps riveted for extra reinforcement.
- Large main compartment with built in map pocket and compatibility with 18” basket.
- Two flap-covered side pockets for quick access to everyday necessities.
- Rides low to allow the carrying of a canoe while wearing the pack.
- Comes with a heavy duty 6ml poly liner and a tumpline.
- Guaranteed for life. Made in the USA.
We modified our versatile Cruiser Pack and combined it with a pack basket to help protect your gear. Photographers and ice anglers love this pack, and it makes a sturdy canoe trip food pack. Flap-covered side pockets keep your insulated bottle, extra water, tackle box, or lunch near to hand while the rest of your things stay safe within the crush-resistant main compartment. Features include tough 15-ounce canvas, cotton shoulder straps, double bottom, tumpline and internal map pocket. Stained basket comes with its own shoulder harness for use alone. The #2 Cruiser Combo is a great food pack for two people for up to a week long canoe trip. Comes with heavy-duty poly liner. Purchase as pack only or combo with basket. Made in USA.
Item No. S-232 #2 Cruiser Combo
- Dimensions: 19H x 18W x 6D
- Capacity: 3,950 cubic inches : 64.73L
- Construction: 15-ounce canvas, box pack design, double sewn side seams, two side pockets, leather reinforcements for all rivets and high stress seams, top grade roller buckles, double canvas bottom, includes M-215 poly liner, compatible with 18” basket, also available in Waxed Canvas
History of this Product
Known primarily for his fifteen books covering such subjects as canoeing, wilderness camping, and nature, famous Northwood’s author Calvin Rutstrum also developed the concept for the ash basket/soft pack combo. This versatile outfit, which we now call the Cruiser Combo, has been popular for years because it not only offers additional protection over other methods of packing but also rides low to avoid catching on branches and shrubs in the heavy woods.
In addition to his writing and important innovations, Cal Rutstrum, along with other notable conservationists such as Sigurd F. Olson, are also heavily credited with successfully campaigning and winning the late 1940’s precedent-setting battle to ban all airplane traffic over what is today the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota.
|Dimensions||19H x 18W x 6D|
- Two excellent packs in one package
I've had a #2 Cruiser Combo that's averaged 40 days a year outside for a decade and it's still in great shape.
There's only one change I'd make to DP's packs. I wish every pack had a "Deluxe" option to add the padded leather straps. (Posted on 6/16/2009)
- great pack, has done well in service
- Cruiser combo #2
- A Pack for All Occasions
It would require to be a large daysack with ample space in the side pockets to accomodate the larger Thermos and Stanley flasks. I'd require it to carry blankets, a tarp and double as overnight camp pack as well as store all the essentials babies seem to need these days.
It fulfils all my needs and more. Incredibly well built as all Duluth packs are and with professional looks that you just know will get the job done. This pack is as much at home full of baby paraphenalia in the back of my car as it is in my 16ft wooden open canoe on weekend trip round a Scottish Loch. Or even a simple picnic jaunt through the countryside.
Made with traditional materials and traditional values which is a real tonic in today's modern lifestyle. And talking of children, I'll be handing this pack down to mine. Could you say the same of a modern nylon, techno-fabric rucksack? Hmmmm....
(Posted on 11/13/2008)
- I own several of these
(Posted on 7/17/2008)