#4 Monarch - Canoe Pack
- Ultra burly 18-ounce canvas construction with removable waist belt.
- Clip-on sternum strap to help alleviate shifting of shoulder straps.
- Soft padded leather shoulder straps riveted for extra reinforcement.
- Large main compartment with three built in slash pockets and one deep tarp/sleeping pad sleeve to help cushion your back.
- Side pockets provide quick access to everyday necessities.
- Rides low to allow the carrying of a canoe while also wearing the pack.
- Each pack comes with a heavy duty 6ml poly liner and a tumpline.
- Guaranteed for life. Made in the USA.
We begin with our sturdy 18-ounce canvas, add quality roller buckles and then premium leather straps, sewn and reinforced with rivets. To our tough leather shoulder straps we added foam padding and covered the foam with soft glove leather. A clip-on sternum strap keeps shoulder straps from shifting, and an adjustable (and removable) hip belt further stabilizes the load and helps distribute the weight. The large side-release buckle closure on the waist belt makes getting in and out of the pack a breeze . In addition, we also added side straps for load compression and stabilization, side pockets, three slash pockets on the inside front and a deep inside pack pocket to hold a tarp or sleeping pad to cushion your back. Comes with a replaceable heavy-duty poly liner. Also available in Waxed Canvas. Made in USA.
Item No. S-316 Monarch #4
- Dimensions: 24H x 22W x 9D +pockets
- Capacity: 6,970 cubic inches : 114.22L
- Construction: 18 oz canvas, box pack design, double sewn side seams, leather reinforcements for all rivets and high stress seams, padded leather shoulder straps, includes M-217 poly liner, compatible with 24” basket
History of this Product
Borrowing its name from our old canoe pack trade name from the early to mid 1900's, Monarch Brand, the Monarch Pack exemplifies our never-ending commitment to both traditional pack building methods and technological innovation. Before the Monarch was developed and eventually added to the Duluth Pack product line it was quite common for our customers to regularly request custom modifications or add-ons to our packs. In response to this overwhelming demand, we decided to build a pack that offered all of the innovative features and creature comforts that many of our customers had come to expect over the years. We accomplished this goal with the Monarch Pack, but without compromising the traditional methods and materials we have always (for over 125 years!) felt make the highest quality and most durable packs in the world.
|Dimensions||24H x 22W x 9D +pockets|
Customer Reviews (3)
- Simply the best. Ever.Review by Ben
The #4 is large enough for tons of stuff and the pockets are fantastic. Spend the money for the #4 - I'm glad I did. The three internal pockets are great for organization. I don't use the rear sleep pad pocket, but I'm sure some might. The side pockets comfortably hold water bottles and rain gear and a steripen. They can also each easily hold a 64oz growler with room to spare.
The leather straps are beautiful and comfortable. The buckles are smooth and elegant. The reinforcement ears are perfect.
This pack is heavier than others, but that doesn't bother me. It is solid, well built and designed, and absolutely gorgeous (I got mine in khaki). I don't use the sternum strap, but I love the waist strap - it really makes a difference on the 200+ rod marches. I also don't use the head thing. But it's there for those who like it. It comes with a big thick plastic bag - I don't use those either; I find them clumsy and inconvenient.
What would I change? I'd like to see the three front internal pockets in canvas. They are fine but I'd prefer the durability of canvas. Consider this if you custom-order.
Working with the shop was an excellent experience. I got mine monogrammed and it looks awesome. The time from order to delivery was about 4 weeks.
What are you waiting for? Yes, it costs far more than the three-lettered brand or the rock brand. Invest in this pack and use it for generations. You'll love it. (Posted on 7/18/2015)
- the greastest canoe pack ever madeReview by britts
- Solid, huge packReview by greenblackplaid