Northwoods Pack - Canoe Pack
The Northwoods Pack allows you to "cram in just one more thing" by virtue of extendable internal flaps that expand load capacity. At Duluth Pack we have always considered ourselves to be subscribers of function over form, but the classic Canadian designed Northwoods canoe pack will not only carry a ton of your stuff, but do it in eloquently refined style. Made in Olive Drab. All other colors made to order.
- Ultra burly 15-ounce canvas construction with double bottom.
- Rugged leather shoulder straps riveted for extra reinforcement.
- 36” long leather crossover straps and extendable internal flaps allow even the largest of loads to be closed up.
- Specifically contoured to fit the confines of a canoe.
- Rides low to allow the carrying of a canoe while wearing the pack.
- Comes with a heavy duty 6ml poly liner and a tumpline.
- Guaranteed for life. Made in the USA.
The 36-inch leather crossover straps of the Northwoods Pack allow you to close your pack no matter how full it is and side gusset straps secure the load. With a body and double bottom of 18-ounce canvas, leather shoulder straps, and hand-hammered copper rivets on leather counters for reinforcement, this beautiful pack can take whatever its namesake can dish out. Additional features include dual slip pockets with weep-holes on each side of the pack and high quality roller buckles. Comes with tumpline and heavy-duty replaceable poly liner. Made in USA.
Item No. S-110 Northwoods Pack
- Dimensions: 23H x 22W x 8D extends to 29H x 22W x 8D
- Capacity: 5,200 cubic inches extends to 6,230 cubic inches : 102.09L
- Construction: 18 oz canvas, box pack design, double sewn side seams, double canvas bottom, two 36” leather crossover straps, leather reinforcements for all rivets and high stress seams, includes M-217 poly liner
History of this Product
The Northwoods, a canoe pack design of Canadian origin, is very similar to the model favored by the late Bill Mason, dean of wilderness paddlers throughout the world. Mason was an award- winning and deeply revered Canadian filmmaker, naturalist, author, and artist whose work passionately exemplified his love for the wilderness and canoeing. Two of his films Paddle to the Sea, nominated for Best Short Film at the 1968 Academy Awards, and Waterwalker, a film documenting Mason’s personal journey on Lake Superior, are definite favorites among Duluth Pack staff.
- Very functional
- Happiness is a Northwoods Pack!