Motala Double Bit Axe
Brand Hults Bruk
This product is sold out
The Hults Bruk Motala is a heritage piece harkening back to Scandinavian ancient history. While usable for work, it is primarily employed today in throwing competitions among serious enthusiasts. This item has an axe head weight of 3.75 Lbs and a handle length of 30 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.