Double click on above image to view full picture
#4 Monarch - Canoe Pack
- Ultra burly 15-ounce canvas construction with removable waist belt.
- Clip-on sternum strap to help alleviate shifting of shoulder straps.
- Soft padded leather shoulder straps riveted for extra reinforcement.
- Large main compartment with three built in slash pockets and one deep tarp/sleeping pad sleeve to help cushion your back.
- Side pockets provide quick access to everyday necessities.
- Rides low to allow the carrying of a canoe while also wearing the pack.
- Each pack comes with a heavy duty 6ml poly liner and a tumpline.
- Guaranteed for life. Made in the USA.
- Simply the best. Ever.
The #4 is large enough for tons of stuff and the pockets are fantastic. Spend the money for the #4 - I'm glad I did. The three internal pockets are great for organization. I don't use the rear sleep pad pocket, but I'm sure some might. The side pockets comfortably hold water bottles and rain gear and a steripen. They can also each easily hold a 64oz growler with room to spare.
The leather straps are beautiful and comfortable. The buckles are smooth and elegant. The reinforcement ears are perfect.
This pack is heavier than others, but that doesn't bother me. It is solid, well built and designed, and absolutely gorgeous (I got mine in khaki). I don't use the sternum strap, but I love the waist strap - it really makes a difference on the 200+ rod marches. I also don't use the head thing. But it's there for those who like it. It comes with a big thick plastic bag - I don't use those either; I find them clumsy and inconvenient.
What would I change? I'd like to see the three front internal pockets in canvas. They are fine but I'd prefer the durability of canvas. Consider this if you custom-order.
Working with the shop was an excellent experience. I got mine monogrammed and it looks awesome. The time from order to delivery was about 4 weeks.
What are you waiting for? Yes, it costs far more than the three-lettered brand or the rock brand. Invest in this pack and use it for generations. You'll love it. (Posted on 7/18/2015)
- the greastest canoe pack ever made
- Solid, huge pack