There is nothing like starting a productive day with a delicious cup of coffee; whether the sun is shining above or the snow is piled high, a cup of coffee is the first step to a prosperous day. Your morning coffee offers a moment to relax and reflect upon the day to come, along with preparing you for the challenges and apprehensions that may be presented.
Whipped coffee is an adventurous way to tackle the start of your day, it is simplistic and easy to make, but you will find your inner creativity while taking the time to produce this delicious treat. All you need are these few ingredients;
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso/instant coffee
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup of milk (your preference, we recommend almond milk)
- Cubed or crushed ice
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon on top (Duluth Pack recommendation!)
Once you have compiled all of your ingredients, the first step is to combine the instant espresso/coffee, sugar, and hot water in a mixing bowl. Whisk with an electric hand mixer until it is thickened and frothy (1 to 2 minutes). The second step is then to pour the milk into a glass or mug that is filled with ice and cold milk, top with the whipped coffee and stir with a straw. Finally, enjoy your whipped coffee and the start to your morning!
- Recipe from The Food Network
After a long fearless day of productive adventuring, the perfect way to wind down and to begin your night of relaxation, whether it is with your friends, family, or by yourself, is to make an enjoyable cocktail during happy hour. Your friends at Duluth Pack have another idea that is just as tasty as the whipped coffee but adds a little more kick and spunk to your cocktail hour. This beverage, Whipped Coffee White Russian, is perfect for a night in, celebrating happy hour with your friends, or a trendy beverage to bring to a picnic dinner. Here are the few ingredients needed for your tasty happy hour cocktail;
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso/ instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon honey/granulated sugar
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka (we recommend Grey Goose or Titos)
- 1 - 1½ ounces (2-3 tablespoons) Kahlua
- 1 - 2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) whole milk/nut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or hot cocoa powder on top (Duluth Pack recommendation!)
Once all of the ingredients have been established, the first step is to combine the hot water, instant espresso/instant coffee, and honey in a bowl. Using an electric mixer/whisk, whip until fluffy (light 2-3 minutes). The second step would be to fill a glass with ice. Add the vodka, Kahlua, and a splash of vanilla. Pour the milk and stir to combine. Spoon in the whipped coffee overtop. Finally, drink and enjoy your sweet happy hour treat!
-Recipe from Half Baked Harvest