The Customer Service Manager (CSM) will be responsible for managing and leading the customer service and shipping departments consistent with the needs of the business to ensure the departments deliver the highest level of customer service possible. The CSM will interact with all levels of management and staff as well as provide an escalation point for Duluth Pack customers. The CSM will have a track record of delivering excellent customer service, working with minimal direction, and exercising considerable tact, discretion and professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Build, lead and improve the day-to-day processes of the customer service and shipping support teams, ensuring that delivery targets and customer commitments are met.
- Manage customer escalations through to completion with a focus on process improvements and a customer-centric culture in a regulated environment.
- Build scalable, repeatable systems and processes within the departments to prepare for significant seasonal and ongoing growth of the business.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of staff within the Duluth Pack organization.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with outside suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Meets customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements for annual budgets, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Conduct periodic department meetings to keep customer service and shipping staff apprised of issues affecting the department specifically and the company in general.
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external safety rules and regulations and make sure all customer service and shipping staff members are properly trained on said safety rules and regulations.
- Encourages employees to look for opportunities for process simplification and improvements.
- Designs and reports individual and departmental performance metrics for continuous improvement.
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each employee.
- Challenges employees in providing exceptional support to both external and internal customers.
- Makes effective independent decisions representing day-to-day issues that do not require team discussion, input or agreement.
- Writes and administers performance reviews for skill improvement
- Is available for employees who experience work and/or personal problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Responds to and resolves employee relations issues expressed by employees.
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment so employees are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy.
- Prepares warnings and communicates effectively with employees on warnings and makes effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required.
- Responsible for daily operation of the distribution center to include the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, and scheduling.
- Establishes work procedures and processes that support the company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives.
- Report on status of customer service and shipping operations, including staffing levels, back log orders, outstanding customer issues, etc.
- Report on variances to budget forecasts with plans to resolve any recurring or significant budget variances for each of the departments.
- Assist with the development of various reporting formats to effectively communicate key results areas to others within the company.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager to meet the needs of the business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on a daily basis and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment will be stressful at times.
Required Education and Experience
Four-year BA/BS Degree and five+ years of experience in a customer service setting, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships in ways that ensure satisfaction and trust.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of general manufacturing principles and their practical application to the manufacturing and retail sales industry.
2. Knowledge of and skill in using a personal computer and related desktop software including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Dynamics GP.
3. Ability to write legibly and communicate professionally with all levels in the organization, including skill in preparing written materials such as correspondence and reports to meet purpose and audience.
4. Knowledge of the various services, products, policies and procedures of Duluth Pack and knowledge of the various departments within the company and how their respective functions interrelate to the customer service department.
5. Ability to prepare work in timely and accurate fashion and to keep work area in a neat, organized, and presentable manner.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
7. Ability to address problems in a professional manner and work toward an appropriate solution.
8. Ability to communicate with unhappy and/or dissatisfied customers and/or co-workers and to work toward a calm and reasonable solution.
9. Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas to others in a professional manner, both verbal and written.
10. Ability to read and interpret documents and manuals and apply this understanding to job functions.
11. Ability to make a decision based upon the best information available at the time and to react as new information is presented to adjust decision making accordingly.
12. Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Full Time Employment Position. Duluth Pack is pleased to offer the following benefit package: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k)-retirement plan, paid time off, and an employee discount. Eligibility and waiting periods vary and are subject to the provisions of each benefit plan
Please scroll down and use the form below our openings to apply.