Operate an Industrial sewing machine to manufacture and produce Duluth Pack products based upon the needs of the business. This involves working with all departments within production staff to make sure quality and production standards are met in a timely, accurate and safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Manufacture and produce canvas, leather and other materials while at the same time upholding stringent quality production standards of all Duluth Pack manufactured products. Attention to detail, quality and meeting standard production times that Duluth Pack has set are critical.
- Ability to manipulate canvas, leather and other materials by using hands to guide material through an industrial sewing machine with completed products weighing between ½ a pound and up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to learn and retain sewing processes for many various Duluth Pack products.
- To perform as a productive team member in an ever changing work environment along with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to ongoing change.
- Ability to help Identify any bottlenecks in the production flow and notify Production Manager/Supervisor of recommended solutions to help resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, as well as exhibiting excellent customer service in any interactions with customers.
- Participate in the design and implementation of lean manufacturing principles and techniques to streamline the production process.
- Monitor levels of raw materials and notify Production Supervisor of re-order needs to proactively meet production demands.
- Research, development and design of new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager to meet the needs of the business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment will be stressful at times.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent education, preferably with prior experience in a industrial sewing manufacturing setting, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general industrial sewing machine principles and their practical application to the industrial sewing manufacturing needs.
- Ability to write legibly and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization, including written materials such as production product work orders and daily sewing logs.
- Ability to sit at an industrial sewing machine for extended periods at a time.
- Knowledge of the various services, products, policies and procedures of Duluth Pack and knowledge of the various departments within the company and how their respective functions interrelate to the Production department.
- Ability to manufacture and produce Duluth pack products in a timely and accurate fashion along with the ability to keep work area in a neat and presentable manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to address problems in a professional manner and work toward an appropriate solution.
- Ability to communicate with unhappy and/or dissatisfied customers and/or co-workers and work toward a calm and reasonable solution.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas to others, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and manuals and apply this understanding to job functions.
- Ability to work independently and also as a productive member of a team.
Full Time Employment Position. Duluth Pack is pleased to offer the following benefit package: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k)-retirement plan, paid time off, and an employee discount. Eligibility and waiting periods vary and are subject to the provisions of each benefit plan.
Please scroll down and use the form below our openings to apply.